Orcas Island Literary Festival, April 17-19.
Panel and reading to be announced.
Thursday, September 12, 3:30 – 5 PM – Reading at San Juan Islands Museum of Art’s exhibition, “DEEP DIVE”
San Juan Islands Museum of Art’s exhibition, “DEEP DIVE,” will offer a special event with contributors to the poetry and essay anthology, For Love of Orcas. Participants will read pieces from the book as visitors tour the exhibit. Iris will read her essay, “Salish Sea Account.”
The multi-media exhibition includes glowing art by many artists. It also sends messages about threats to the approximately 130 variously endangered species here. You’ll be moved and inspired.
Admission is $10; members and those 18 and under are free. For more information, visit https://sjima.org/deep-dive/
Past Events for Hiking Naked
Bookstores/libraries that have hosted events likely have copies of Hiking Naked in stock – and they might be signed!
- Imprint Books, Port Townsend, WA
- Seminary Co-op Bookstores, Chicago, IL
- Bank Square Books, Mystic, CT
- Orca Books, Olympia, WA
- San Juan Island Library in cooperation with Griffin Bay Bookstore, Friday Harbor, WA
- Third Place Books – Lake Forest Park
- University of Oregon Duck Store, Eugene, OR
- Leavenworth Public Library (presented by A Book for All Seasons), Leavenworth, WA
- Darvill’s Bookstore, Eastsound (Orcas Island, WA)
- Village Books – Fairhaven, Bellingham, WA
- Lopez Island Library, Lopez Island, WA